Making a Peeps Headband
Peeps are a traditional Easter treat. Making your child a Peeps inspired headband is a fun project. This is a page about making a Peeps headband
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is a cute and easy headband that takes just minutes to make.
Approximate Time: 15 minutes
- glue gun
- glue stick
- fabric paint (black)
- Peep bunny shape
- First, draw your Peep shape on a piece of card stock. Try Googling "peep shape" if you are artistically challenged like I am.
Next you will want to plug in your glue gun and have it ready for action.
- Place the Peep shape on a piece of felt that has been folded in half.
Trace the outline lightly and cut it out with your scissors.
You should now have two shapes.
- Trim any excess felt off your shapes and cover one Peep with hot glue.
Place the Peep, glue side up, against the lower half of the headband.
It is good to aim for 1/4 from the bottom.
- Take the remaining Peep shape and press onto the other one.
Press all sides firmly to ensure a snug fit.
- Take your spray adhesive and cover the top Peep.
Then sprinkle with fine glitter.
- Wait a few moments for this to dry a bit and grab your black fabric paint.
Make two eyes and a nose with the paint.
- Finally, seal with spray acrylic and enjoy!
By Teri M from Omaha, NE
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.