Making Headbands

1
Share
Pin
Save
Follow
Print

I love headbands, for fashion (especially on a bad hair day) and for washing my face to keep my hair from getting wet. Now that spring is here, I like to use colorful headbands - here is a great frugal way to make your own "stretchy" headbands that stay in place and are cute and cheap, cheap, cheap and don't leave dents in the side of your head.

Look around for colored tights, you can get them in any color (I myself am a Goodwill gal, so I get mine second hand - hey! that's what a washing machine is for). Cut off a "leg", and cut the foot part off. Wrap around your head, stretching so you have some tension to hold it in place once it's on. Then cut to desired length, you can sew together, or simply tie the ends in a know.

Obviously you will get more than one from one pair. I love these and use them all the time! I even have one in orange. :)

By Carol from Lancaster, PA

6 More Solutions

One more use for a old, clean, pantyhose leg: Cut to size and tied in a knot at the ends, they make great headbands; perfect for keeping my hair out of my face when I'm doing housework, etc.

I went to the local dollar tree and get 4 nice wide headbands. But, they were just a bit too tight. In fact, they hurt my ears. So today I fixed them by cutting them on the seam and tying them together. I have a nice comfortable one, that is multi-colored!

Two headbands tied together for a looser fit.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Another easy thing to make with the smallest ("baby") Knifty Knitter is headbands! You can make them out of wool to cover your ears in winter like a skier - or in acrylic to be light - even in cotton yarn for the lightest option.

Can you give me any information on how to make headbands? Thank you.

By Kathie R.

Answer this Question

Click to read more ideas from older posts on ThriftyFun.

Crafts MiscellaneousJune 20, 2012
🌻
👔
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Making-Headbands-1.html