Low Fat Corn Muffins

I need a low fat recipe for baking corn muffins without adding oil to make them moist.

Thanks,
Manell from TN

By Kathy (Guest Post)

I think you use applesauce in receipes instead of oil. But remember you need a little oil to make the product come out right!

By Nell (Guest Post)

I have never tried it, but some swear that it works very well to use applesauce in place of oil. I would think half and half but some say 100%.

By DIANE (Guest Post)

I substitued plain applesauce in my cakes, brownies and nut bread for years to make them low fat and they are nice and moist. No one has ever questioned me about them or said that they didn't taste good.

I don't see why corn muffins wouldn't work as well. I use the same amount of applesauce as the amount of oil or shortening required for the recipe. And you can't taste the applesauce at all.

Food and Recipes Recipes Dieting Low FatJanuary 31, 2006
💘
🍀