PaintingHome Improvement

Repainting a Bathroom Wall Over Wall Glaze

I painted my bathroom dark blue, then used glaze to make it look like I have stripes. I ended up with some "ridges" of glaze.

I don't like the effect and want to start over with just regular paint. What do I need to do with the glazing on the walls before I paint over them? I plan on sanding down the ridges, but can I just paint over the glaze?

By julie from Northern WI

Easy Instructions Things You'll Need:
Kilz oil-based primer Paintbrush Fine grit sandpaper Soft, clean, dry cloth Latex paint
Step 1 Apply a coat of Kilz oil-based primer to the wall with a paintbrush. Sanding is optional. Use fine grit sandpaper and rinse all of the dust away with a clean, damp cloth. Make sure that the area is completely dry before applying the primer.

Step 2 Apply the paint with either a paintbrush or a roller once the primer is completely dry.

Step 3 Allow 24 hours for the paint to dry before adding a second coat. Good luck.

Go to this site managemylife.com and ask them they will be able to help you. Great site.

There is a painting prep product called liquid sand that will dull the glaze so paint will stick and cover. It just takes away the slick surface from any paint treatment so you can paint right over like gloss enamel paint for instance.

Follow the instructions on the can. Available wherever paints are. Good luck