College Grants and Scholarships

Does anyone know about any grants or scholarships for college that you can apply for without a lot of hassle?

Pam

Best Answer

Check with your college financial office, but anything will require a lot of effort and time if it is really worth it to you.

Best Answer

The only help I received was after I filled out my FAFSA form for college. It helps to do the FAFSA form before March 1st to be eligible for State Grants. I try to do my FAFSA before July 1st to avoid the Federal Interest Rate Annual Increase.

www.fafsa.ed.gov

If you are serious about having someone give you money, it seems like the least you can do is put forth the effort to apply, write an essay, or the like. This weeds out the serious students from the flakes!

Check with any of your public school bus drivers.If they have a Bus Driver's Association at their school they will provide some money to a lucky recipient.

My husband has driven a bus for decades and our district has no money to give out (I'm also a returning student, and if they had anything, I'd know about it)--it's really nice that some other schools will.

But I agree with the other posts, it takes quite an effort to get any help. Sometimes you fill out piles of forms and write loads of essays for very little help, since competition for scholarships or grants is stiff. The hardest part is finding the time. When you're going to school full time, have a home, family and such, time is too limited to fill too many applications. I've had to cut back on hours (12--still full time) to make time to do mine.

Just a note, some require you to fill out the FAFSA to even apply for their scholarships, and in some schools, it may be too late to even do that for the upcoming year.

Go to your public library, someone there will help you get started and yes, Iam afraid you will have to put in "the effort"

You need to fill out the FAFSA. Most colleges require that anyway. Also, check your state's department of education website for state scholarship information. It does take some effort--they have to know enough about each applicant in order to be able to decide who all to give it to.