Long Lasting Cat Litter

I have 7 cats and use the scoopable cat litter. After cleaning, I spray the Febreze for pet odors and mix it up. The cat litter lasts forever!

By Pam from Elkhart, IN

you do have 7 litter pans then right. that is what i learned on animal planet. 1 litter pan for each cat on every floor of the home.

You spray it in the litter? I would think it would make the litter clumpy? I know it's a thin spray but? I use the Baking soda brand of kitty deo. half of that and half straight baking soda in an old Costco herb container, a shake of that every week or so helps.

P.S. I have 2 kitties and use 1 litter box, I scoop once a day and they are good.

Pam from Indiana, I would not subject my animal to the chemicals in FEBREZE. This is dangerous. Can cause respitory illness. Please do not use this in your cat litter as they can develop asthma and all kinds of other illnesses. Perhaps try a little baking soda.

I have been experimenting with a variety of eco-friendly cat litters and by far my favorite is "World's Best Cat Litter" for its pleasant smell, clumpability, and natural ingredients (corn). "Swheat Scoop" didn't clump that well and the ammonia smell was really strong when I'd go to scoop out the frequently-falling-apart clumps. It's not very absorbent either (I wonder if they need to make the granules finer for more surface area...); unless I had about six inches of it in the pan the urine would find its way to the bottom and create a caked on mess. "Healthy Pet P-Pod Clumping Cat Litter" clumps better than "Swheat Scoop" (not as well as "World's Best") but it's very dusty; it gets tracked all over by the cats and when I'm cleaning it I have to cover my mouth and nose. The cats (three of them) don't like this litter either. We have two boxes and (we're at the tail-end of experimenting) their preference is for the one with "World's Best" in it.

This is a very bad idea. Febreze is highly toxic to animals and your cats step in the litter that you sprayed then lick it off. You are essentially slowly poisoning your cats for the sake of a few bucks.

Febreze proprietary odor eliminator -
High Concern: cancer; Moderate Concern: general systemic/organ effects, acute aquatic toxicity, respiratory effects; Some Concern: chronic aquatic toxicity, skin irritation/allergies/damage

Check out this site for the facts on what is in the products you use. www.ewg.org

Anonymous

Febreeze is very toxic to cats. Please don't use