OdorsCleaning

Getting Smoke Smell Out Of Stroller

Category Odors

How do i get the smell of smoke out of a stroller? I bought a bike stroller from a smoking home and a home with cats. It stinks bad and I can't seem to get the smell out. Any suggestions?

Angelica from Virginia

I would leave it outside as long as you can and let it air out. Also try some febreeze on it.

Try soaking it with Febreeze extra strength and then let it sit in the sun to dry. good luck!

I assume the stroller is a canvas/nylon type fabric? If so I'd do what I used to do with my net-sided playpens when they got messy from teething cookie gunk.........take it to the coin-operated car wash....the ones where you spray the car yourself. Just set it in the stall and blast away with the soapy spray....then rinse really well too. It should air dry fairly quickly. The high pressure cleans really well. It works good on lots of things....outdoor lawn furniture, deck umbrellas....you name it! Hope this helps

A friend who also checks this list had a similar problem. One of their cats got stuck in their car and wet their car seat. She soaked it with Peroxide, rinsed it off, then air dryed it and swears the smell is gone!

Peroxide is so great for so many things we now buy the Quart bottles and have put sprayers on 2 of the smaller ones, one for each end of the house.

I also like OUT, it is found in the Pet department of WalMart & KMart. I get the half gallon size. It smells like very nice vanilla extract, and can be diluted in a spray bottle.

I have loads of cats & 2 dogs. I learn things like this out of Dire necessity.

Also some swear Febreze can hurt or kill animals and OUT is meant to be used with them.

Febreeze can be toxic to your baby and the original smell will return if the stroller gets wet after using it. Instead spray it down with white vinegar and set it in the sun to dry. If that doesn't work you can get an enzyme cleaner like "natures miracle" at a pet store. I think you will have more luck removing the pet smell than you will the smoke. You could also try sprinkling it w/baking soda and setting it in the sun. Please, whatever you use be sure it won't be toxic to your baby.

Purchase some AtmosKlear
Information/Order: Twin Star Industries, 1-800-977-4145 or visit our site at: http://atmosklear.net