Keep Necklaces From From Getting Tangled

I am looking for a way to store my necklaces. Jewelry boxes are so expensive. Right now I have a jewelry box but my necklaces get all tangled up in the drawer. Any one have any suggests for a neat and nice way to store my nice necklaces? I also have two cats, so they can't be within reach of them either.

Thanks in advance!

Kathy from Wooster, Ohio

I've heard of people putting cup hooks on a board and hanging it on the wall to hold their necklaces. You might want to try that. Good luck and God bless you.

Attach a pegboard or cork board to a wall, and hang the necklaces from hooks or if they are small enough, push pins in the cork board. Alternatively, make and use a jewelry roll where the necklace is placed flat on fabric, and it is rolled up like a pinwheel sandwich.

I use a hanger in the back of the closet, if you can believe that. I like the plastic coated wire hanger. Hold the chain in front of the bottom cross bar of the hanger, pull the bottom of the chain behind and then over the cross bar and under the top of the chain. Can you see it? Ah, my husband said this is called a half-hitch knot. It works great & nothing gets tangled You can tie a piece of yarn between the chains and they really stay apart.

How about using a mug tree? The upright stand with little pegs to hang cups on.

Lay a tissue out and roll your necklaces up in them to keep them from getting tangled and staying dust free.

If your closet is an ok size I took a couple of nails and put them just on the inside of my closet(not covered up by clothes) I hang all of my necklaces on them. If you can't do nails but some of the peel and stick hooks (by 3M). They work great!

I would just set them on your dresser. That works the best! :)

I love the drinking straw idea. I'm getting ready to go on a trip soon. I'll be heading to the store for drinking straws! Thanks!

You need to get a small jewelry chest. It has hangers for everything, rings & etc.

Anonymous

WAAAY too many necklaces for that. And even the jewelry box that I have, with a ring of hooks to hang from the top, they get all tangled in the floor of it.

I've never found a jewelry box with enough organization for even a small number of necklaces.

Put one in a straw, or put hand coffee hocks onto the wall behind the door, or wrap them up in tissue, or nail nails on the wall and hang them.