ToysCleaning

Cleaning a Dirty Rubber Doll

Category Toys

How can I clean a very dirty rubber doll? It is an old doll with many nooks and crannies.

Sue from Lititz, PA

when I was alittle kid and had a Betsy Wetsy doll I put her in a pan and washed her with Ivory soap which is what was used on me at the time. You have to be careful with the eyes if they are the opening/closing kind. Just put the doll in a sitting position the way you would a baby and don't get soap in her eyes.

I like ZUD cleanser. It comes in a yellow plastic bottle. It's a white pourable liquid, but thick. Like a cream almost. It's good for scrubbing. I like it for bathtubs, sinks and showers. Gets rust out too.

I would try soaking her in some bleach water

My mom had a rubber doll that my granddaughter had colored on and I used acne cream with the peroxide rubbed it on the marks and set out in the sun for a couple of days and it all came off.