OtherPhotos

Reuse Medicine Measuring Cups

I make a lot of jewelry to sell. I was cleaning out my jewelry drawer and needed something to hold a few beads in. I had an old medicine cap, the one that you use to measure the correct dosage. The beads fit perfectly. I have grandchildren and they always have a lot of those caps laying around. They hold the beads for me when I am making a piece.

By Georgetta Ruth from Waterloo, IA

I have over 2000 medicine cups (thanks to my parents, who are now both in a nursing home, and like to save them) and need lots of ideas for crafts that will use them. Anyone with an idea, I would love to consider it.

Does anyone have a pattern or picture for the "kissing balls" that were made with med cups back in the 60's? I think I remember well enough to make one, but a pic would sure be helpful.

I love the caps you find on today's products. They are great for everything, as I have submitted.

However, I found one today with measurements marked on it! It's from a severe cold and cough bottle. I am not sure of the brand, but most of them have measurements on them.

It has 1 and 2 teaspoon marks on it. I was thinking about some things like pepsis medicines, oil for cooking, many other kitchen ideas. But, what about small beads, buttons or even upside down for a doll house lamp shade.

Just found it while cleaning and wanted to share it.

By Sandi/Poor But Proud from Sweet Home, OR

Save Medicine Bottle Measuring Cups

Answers:

Save Medicine Bottle Measuring Cups

Good tips, PBP, betcha we could think of more ways to reuse those little medicine cups, if we "put on our thinking caps." (12/16/2010)

By Lelia Jo Cordell

Save Medicine Bottle Measuring Cups

I challenge us all to do just that! (12/28/2010)

By Sandi/Poor But Proud