Squirrels Damaging Outdoor Furniture

Squirrels may be cute and fun to watch at their antics, but there is no humor involved, when they start to shred and destroy your outdoor furniture cushions. This is a guide about squirrels damaging outdoor furniture.

I have a problem with squirrels tearing my lawn cushions apart. What can I do to stop this? Can I make a homemade squirrel repellant and if so can I have a recipe?

By D J

Answers

Bring your outside cushines in the house at night. If you buy bags of corn and sunflower seeds this will keep them away from the chairs.

Feces and swing cushion torn up.is this s squirrel?raccoon, or skunk. We have seen all by our yard.

I need help on how to stop squirrels from tearing up and taking out the insides of brand new cushions on outdoor furniture.

Debbie from Dallas, TX

Answers

I had birds and squirl all over my deck and pooping all over. So a friend told me to get a rubber snake and put it on the deck you have to move it every few days. But I found a real lookin one in the garden department at Walmart. Never had probelms again. If it is the blow up type make sure to ancor it down mine blew away several times.

did you get any help? they are tearing up my cushions. I live in Kaufman.

I had to remove the cushions and take them inside!

I have the same problem. I bought a can of squirrel repellent at Ace Hardware, but it stains the cloth orange. (Guess it is only meant for plants, etc.) I wish someone would let us know what we can do!

What can I spray on the cushions of my porch swing that won't stain them, but will prevent the squirrels from ripping the cushions and taking the stuffing for their nests?

By Rita from Chicago, IL

Answers

Hunt down a product called Ropel, works good

Keep dryer lint in a coffee can or two; and set it out here and there for them to use instead!

Is there a spray I can use on outdoor cushions that won't discolor them or harm my 6 lb. dog?

By Betty M from Ft. Worth, TX