KitchenCleaning

Caring For Stainless Steel Kitchen Center

I just bought a new kitchen center with a stainless steel top. I would like to know the best way to clean it and take care of it.

Thank you.

Pam from WV

If you have WD-40 spray . It cleans and shines both my frig. and stove it should do the same for you.
D.A.H. from Indiana

To clean and protect stainless I use a product called Gel-Gloss. I use the one in the 16 oz. can. It is a cream with a small amount of grit to clean and polish and it also has a sealent with it to product from water stains etc. It was designed for marble, fiberblass and acrylic but is also excellent for ceramic and porcelain sinks and chrome fixtures both in the kitchen and bath. I even use it on my side car windows and outside glass windows. You can get it at Home Depot.

You can also use baby oil to clean it. The baby oil will get rid of the water spots, and keep it shiny too.

Barkeeper's friend! Check out their website. Just type in http://www.barkeepersfriend.com It has so many uses. I
clean it on stainless steel, fiberglass, glass, porcelain,
tile, brass, etc. Use it as a paste. You'll have to trial an error to see if it works for your kitchen center but I know you will be so glad you introduced yourself to this wonderful product. No odor also. Happy cleaning :)

What is the best thing to store stainless steel in, if you are needed to store it for a long time?

Stainless steel is pretty indestructible. It should do fine in boxes or tubs. You just don't want it to be in something that it can rub together with other utensils or get wet or moldy. Other than scratching, there isn't much that will hurt it. Wrap each piece in paper or plastic.
Susan from ThriftyFun

You can keep stainless steel clean by using a dry wash rag with rubbing alcohol on it and then just buff clean and dry. I started using this after I saw a Dr. clean his sink with the rubbing alcohol. If it's good enough to kill germs on my skin or at a Dr. office it's good enough on my stainless steel grill. And it does a great job! Keeps it pretty and shiny:)