ShoppingBudget & Finance

Why Does Food Giant No Longer Take Coupons?

I recently saw where several people said they were unable to use coupons at the dollar stores. I use coupons all the time at Family Dollar, Dollar General and Dollar Tree and have had no problems at all. Now for some reason Food Giant does not accept computer coupons and has no explainable reason as to why. Does anyone know why?

Diane from Birmingham

They no longer take internet coupons because people abuse them.
Most internet coupons have a limit of 2 per household.
There are people out there who will print off 100 and take them to the stores and wipe the store out.
I personally can't see why anyone would need 100 of anything. I think they may have some kind of mental disorder.
That being said it is due to people getting greedy that has ruined it for those who follow the rules.

They're not the only stores that won't accept internet coupons, alot in our area won't. What you need to do is to write the company that's issuing the online coupon, and see if they will send you via snail mail coupons for their products. Tell them the stores in your area won't accept internet coupons, & you don't want to miss out. Best of Luck!

Stores quit taking them in our area a while back. I read that the problem of people abusing internet coupons has been fixed a year or two ago, and stores are supposed to start taking them again, but no one on our area has changed their policy and started accepting them again.