FloorsCleaning

Steam Cleaning Floors

Has anyone used a steam cleaner to clean the bathroom and kitchen floors? I like the idea of not using chemicals.

By mainecoons from Beverly A.

Yes, and I love it. It cleans really well and is eco-friendly. The only thing it doesn't work on is black marks from shoes or wheels. But an SOS pad will take care of those.

I adore my steam mop. It is light weight, easy to use, and cleans well. It will take a few tries for you to find the proper motion to use it most effectively.

I love my steam cleaner. Be sure to buy one with a large enought water tank, otherwise you will be stopping to refill it too much.

We bought one when our baby began to have her babies at age 30. We rescue cats & kittens from being put to sleep and find good-loving homes for them. We do use our steam mop religously and faithfully to keep up with at least 5 cats at one time and our three grandchildren. You will ever be sorry IF you do buy one as they are great.

I've thought about buy a steam cleaner as well. Does anyone have any certain brand recommendations that work really well?

I love my steam cleaner. It is one of the best purchases I made. I recommended the same one to a coworker and she loves it too. She has two little ones and they are always on the floor.

It is the McCulloch Steam cleaner, it is yellow canister holds plenty of water and it has all the attachments you need. If you ever want to get additional pieces you have to order from a company called Tops Innovations.

I believe you can still buy the machine from Amazon.com no shipping over $50 which is a big savings. You will love this machine. I have had mine for about 4 or 5 years now. I paid I believe about $125 for it. It was the heavy duty model.

I have an 'H2O Mop". I love it. I like the shape of the head. It is a triangle and fits in to the corners really well...also fits in behind the toilet. The "Shark" has a rectangular head and doesn't get into the corners. It also gets stuck behind the toilet due to the head shape. I have had this steam cleaner for over a year. I have a day care in my home, and I am a foster parent for a no-kill animal shelter, so usually have 8 to 10 cats and kittens. It takes a lot of cleaning to keep up with all the little ones, both human and feline! I use my H2O Mop every day, works great. I would highly recommend this brand.

Thanks everyone. I am considering a McClough or Ladybug. The Ladybuf is expensive, but seems to have a bit more power behind it. It's hard to compare because there are so many variables; stainless steel tank or not, PSI, water temp and other stuff.