FurnitureCleaning

Marker on Couch

I have a red marker stain on a loveseat. What should I use to remove it?

By scottfln from Vancouver

Ink including permanent marker comes off solid surfaces including plastic, glass, metal and vinyl, and some fabrics with plain old alcohol (just as long as you get to it fast). I've even gotten it off walls years later. The walls were painted with semi gloss, but it worked.

Magic eraser? Nail polish remover?

I had a party and one of my friends was tattooing us with Stanford Sharpie permanent markers. Then we sat on the couch. The marker rubbed off on the couch and now my dad is mad. I need some ideas on how to get it out. Help me.

Tamachan

Answers:

Marker on Couch

1. Sponge the affected area gently with a small amount of dry-cleaning solvent.
  2. Blot with a clean, dry cloth or paper towel.
  3. Mix 1 tsp. of a neutral detergent with 1 cup lukewarm water. Blot the stain with this solution.
  4. Dab with rubbing alcohol and blot.
  5. Sponge with clean water and blot again.

(08/20/2004)

By Lisa Trudeau

Marker on Couch

My daughter used my couch as an art pad with Sharpies and the only thing I found was this stuff at Walmart in the paint aisle called Oops. It does not discolor fabrics.
(03/20/2005)

By Debbie

Marker on Couch

Try using hair spray. (06/04/2005)

By pookie

Marker on Couch

Believe me "nothing" removes permanent marker off a leather couch except "Ajax". I know it sounds harsh, but it's the only thing that remove 85-90% of the stain. (07/12/2005)

By Mary

Marker on Couch

Well thank you for all the info. We have a micro fiber couch and we did this method, which really helped: hairspray, then Noxzema acne medicated wipes, and then baby wipes. Works wonders, but do it in this order and it will help. I tried the other way and it just took longer to get it off. Thank you for all of you guys' help. (08/03/2008)

By j love