CrochetCrafts

Where Can I Find the Fisherman's Net Crochet Pattern?

I am looking for the fisherman's net pattern to crochet. I found it in Lee Wards catalog in the early 80s. Please e-mail me through this site.

By Tammie from Jolo, WV

Not sure if this is what you're wanting but.
The 'net' stitch is an open fabric usually created with a series of chains and slip stitches, or chains and single crochet stitches. One of the most common uses this time of year would be for creating beach bags or beach cover-ups.

After a foundation is created, the next row of 'net' is anchored by working around the chains (this means to insert your hook into the SPACE being held open by the series of chains rather than creating a stitch INTO the top loops of a particular chain.) and then creating another series of chains.

This creates a "stacked" look of open stitches.

if you're looking for a pattern, this grocery tote can help you get familiar so you can create what you want
www.sugarncream.com/pattern.php?PID=133