Turkey TipsThanksgiving

Cooking Half a Turkey

Can someone tell me how to cook half a turkey?

By Moira gray

You might consider using cooking bags. They have the instructions and will keep the turkey moist.

Turkeys are so cheap right now. If you have a small family or even if you are going out for T-giving dinner, do buy a turkey anyway. The butcher can saw the frozen bird in half for you, thaw half to cook now, and wrap and stick the other half in the freezer to use a couple of months later. Turkey is so good and good for you. Take advantage of this inexpensive bargain.

By Linda L from Vista, CA

Answers:

Cooking Half a Turkey

I quit doing whole turkeys several years ago, because it was getting too hard for me to get them in and out of the oven. I do turkey breasts in the crock pot/slow cooker. For nine people the turkey breast is more than enough with all the other food we have. I also serve a small ready to serve ham (about 2 1/2 lbs.) There are several place online with directions for doing a turkey breast in the crock pot. (10/11/2009)

By Joan