Keep a Spray Bottle of Vinegar and Water Handy

I keep a spray bottle filled with vinegar and water. I use it after I take a shower by spraying the shower down. I also use it to clean up throughout the house. Sometimes on walls or baseboards, on counters, sinks, and bathroom sinks as well. It also works as a great deodorizer.

By Amy

By Melissa (Guest Post)

I really like the idea and came online to find just that out , but what is the water - vinager ratio?

I put about 1/3 to 1/2 cup of vinegar in the spray bottle, fill it with water, then add about a teaspoon of dish detergent or shampoo. Be sure to add the detergent AFTER filling the bottle-- otherwise you get so many bubbles you can't fill the bottle with water! Spray the walls, curtain, faucet, shower head, etc. after every shower and no scum buildup ever happens at all.

Anonymous

What size spray bottle? :(

You can use whatever size you have on hand. I would try a 1:1 vinegar to water ratio and see how it goes. You can add more vinegar until you feel like it is cleaning the way you want.

Let us know how it works.