Keeping Your Shower Clean

For me, cleaning the shower is an overwhelming task. One day while watching a commercial for one of those shower sprays, the words "cleans a shower in 10 days or keeps a clean shower clean" stood out. I came up with my own solution for a clean shower in 10 days. Every time I get into the shower I clean some of it. I divided my task into 5 parts:

You do have to use a cleaner that isn't too harsh since you are with it in the shower. I use Kaboom.

You don't have to scrub too hard the first time since you will be back to that section in 5 days. Viola! A clean shower in 10 days. If there are other people who use the shower, you could assign each person a section to clean once a week.

By tazfan from Olympic Peninsula, WA

13 More Solutions

I keep a spray bottle filled with vinegar and water. I use it after I take a shower by spraying the shower down. I also use it to clean up throughout the house.

Sometimes on walls or baseboards, on counters, sinks, and bathroom sinks as well.

This is a motivational tip, as we all already know how to clean our shower stall.

Wanna know how to keep a shower clean? Do not use soap! Use body wash instead. Soap leaves soap scum, but body wash does not. You will not have to wash your shower as often. Try it!

I hate to clean the shower, I get all wet! So I go IN "prepared to take a shower", and bring my cleaning tools with me. Then I turn on the water clean the shower, then shower myself!.

I found this product online. It is called Water Armour and makes the water just run off your shower doors and tiles too. Soap scum doesn't stick either so clean up is fast and easy and it seems to last forever!

After I clean my shower, I take furniture polish and shine my shower walls all nice and pretty. I I then shine the walls with the furniture wax.

This will keep your shower clean with no soap scum residue at all.

I use X14 for mildew and mold. It dissolves all the mildew in seconds and all you do is rinse off. It can also be used in paint the next time you paint your bathroom and will help keep the mold and mildew from forming.

We moved into an older home nearly two years ago. The shower floor was probably never cleaned. It doesn't seem like porcelain. It's not black, but I can tell the difference between a nice floor and a crappy looking one. I've tried everything from bleach to everything that money will buy to restore whiteness to this shower floor. Help!

By Diane from Boise, ID

Answers

Have you tried a magic eraser? Sometimes they can do wonders! However, if the floor is just not looking well even though very clean, consider painting something on it; or putting bath mats down to cover part of it. A cute design might work just fine!

I keep CLR in a spray bottle. My husband is a machinist and he comes home with an oily substance all over him. I just hose the tub and shower down with the CLR and use a back brush to scrub it. I bought the back brush for cleaning because it has a long handle and I can scrub without having to bend too much.

The bristles are softer and won't damage surfaces. A back brush is also good to dust wicker furniture. It will clean between the strips without damaging the paint.

Since you have tried everything, try spraying a small patch with Eazy off oven cleaner. You would be surprised at what you can get clean with it.

Bar Keeper's Friend and a scrub brush works like a dream

I have four sons that work on cars all the time. I take their coveralls and soak in oven cleaner before throwing in the washing machine and it amazes me every time.

Answer this Question

To keep your shower sparkling clean, keep a spray bottle of vinegar on the tub rim. 15 minutes before you take a shower, spray down the tub, showerhead, and shower curtain liner, then before you shower, use a scrubbie and any brand cheap powdered detergent to scrub down surfaces (soap and detergent destroy each other).

What is the best way to clean a shower?

Keep a Mr. Clean Cleaning eraser in the shower. Save time buy scrubbing the walls and tub while you in the shower.

Shower Cleaning Tips. Does anyone have suggestions for cleaning a shower that has a film that won't seem to come off? I have tried Downy and scrubbed it, but neither of these methods worked.

Click to read more ideas from older posts on ThriftyFun.

Home and Garden Cleaning BathroomFebruary 14, 2012
🌻
😷
📓
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf383558.tip.html