Uses for Old Tiles

Does anyone have any creative ideas on how re-use old white tiles?

De

My sister used them as trivets and coasters. She rubber stamped images on them, colored them in with markers or chalks and then sprayed them with acrylic spray to seal them.

Some of the small ones were decorated the same way and magnets were glued to the backs.

By Carol (Guest Post)

My daughter used tile to make warming stones to give as Christmas gifts one year. She painted a personal design on each one. I love mine I warm it in the oven while baking and it helps to keep food warm after the food is on the table. I also have a small one for in a bread basket.

For my daughter's birthday party, I provided them with lots of different shaped tiles and had the guests write personal birthday greetings to her. We then took them and formed them into a wall design as a permanent memento!

My students wrote holiday wishes and then we sent them to soldiers overseas that were not able to be home with their friends and families...The soldiers LOVED them!

Bust them up and make mosaics, if the tiles are white you can use colored grout! You can mosaic just about anything, too....

Hi, I want to make the plate warmer with tiles. Do I need any special paint or glaze to paint them?