Homemade Magnetic Fishing Game
May 7, 2012
For almost no cost, you can make a fun gift for young kids. I've seen this idea all over the internet and came up with my own version. I drew a pattern for a simple fish shape and a starfish, then used it to cut out two fabric pieces for each one.
- scrap fabric
- sewing machine or needle and thread
- metal washers
- Stitch your pieces together (right sides together, then turn right side out).
- Stuff with a bit of fiberfill.
- Hand-sew a metal washer onto the "nose" of your fish.
- Add a button eye if you like.
- Use a short piece of dowel for the fishing pole. Tie shoelace onto one end of the dowel.
- Super glue the end of the shoe lace in between two magnets.
Warning:This is an important part of the project. You do not want the magnets to come off allowing for the possibility of being swallowed. This is not a toy for children under 3 or any child who likes to put things in his mouth.
- Now, find a bucket, basket, or some kind of container from which the little fisher boy or girl can "hook" a big catch. The magnet will hook onto the metal washers on the nose of the fish.
- Personalize the container and decorate any way you like.
Source: Many examples online.
By ~gloria from upstate, NYRead More Comments
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
My 11 year-old son asked me to help him make this for his little brother's Christmas present. It was a huge hit! My 6 year-old loves his fishing set and our 3 cats were utterly delighted.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.