Homemade Magnetic Fishing Game

For almost no cost, you can make a fun gift for young kids. I've seen this idea all over the internet and came up with my own version. I drew a pattern for a simple fish shape and a starfish, then used it to cut out two fabric pieces for each one.

Instructions:

1. Stitch your pieces together (right sides together, then turn right side out).

2. Stuff with a bit of fiberfill.

3. Hand-sew a metal washer onto the "nose" of your fish.

4. Add a button eye if you like.

5. Use a short piece of dowel for the fishing pole. Tie shoelace onto one end of the dowel.

6. Super glue the end of the shoe lace in between two magnets.

Warning:This is an important part of the project. You do not want the magnets to come off allowing for the possibility of being swallowed. This is not a toy for children under 3 or any child who likes to put things in his mouth.

7. Now, find a bucket, basket, or some kind of container from which the little fisher boy or girl can "hook" a big catch. The magnet will hook onto the metal washers on the nose of the fish.

8. Personalize the container and decorate any way you like.

Source: Many examples online.

By ~gloria from upstate, NY

More Solutions

My 11 year-old son asked me to help him make this for his little brother's Christmas present. It was a huge hit! My 6 year-old loves his fishing set and our 3 cats were utterly delighted.

Felt fish in box.

Crafts Toys GamesMay 14, 2012
📓
🎂
😷
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf65498647.tip.html