Free Tax Filing Through the IRS

If you made less than $56,000.00 in '08 you can file your taxes for free. Go to IRS.gov, to the right is the free link. You pick which company to use. I have used Turbo Tax for years and have always been very happy with process and the outcome!

By Jodi from Horse Shoe, NC

I also use TurboTax for free. They do TRY and get you to buy the extra things they offer, but I just say NO!! And always use direct deposit, you get your refund sooo much faster. I do have to do my State tax with the old fashioned pen and paper though since with turbo tax you have to pay for that.

I've just got to check this out this year to see if it's compatible with my JAWS screen reader. After I learned how expensive some of the mainstream tax preparers were, I always filed my own taxes using the free-file service.

But of course, that was before a drunk driver left me almost totally blind 7 years ago. I'll prob have to use the print-and-mail option, since I always have to pay self-employment tax. But hey. I guess I can't do any worse than the free options I've used the past couple of years.

Budget & Finance TaxesJanuary 6, 2010
🐰
🐛
🌻
👒
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf67087965.tip.html