General AdviceConsumer Advice

Using Vinegar in an HE Washing Machine

How would vinegar affect the new washing machines that states you should only use products with the (HE) symbol on it?

Well, I never thought of it hurting my HE washer and so far, so good. I've used vinegar for a couple of years instead of fabric softener and to keep towels fresh and if it's hurt the machine I can't tell.

I have used it too, though I just got my machine not too long ago and still no problems. I can't imagine vinegar harming the machine. What you can do is use 1/4 cup instead of the recommended 1/2 cup (that's what i do) just to be on the safe side. With those machines you seem to need less of everything! :)

I have to agree with the other posters. I've had a high efficiency LG Steam Washer for nearly 2 years now and have used vinegar as a softening agent the entire time with no problems at all.