CarpetCleaning

Baby Poop on Carpet

Category Carpet

How do you get baby poo off carpets and walls?

Wesley Lubbe from United Kingdom

other than stating the obvious to clean it with antibacterial soap i dont know. did it stain the walls??

If you do not have access to a machine that can extract your cleaning attempts deep from within the base of the carpet then try dampening the area with a mild dish detergent and water, aggitate it (with a soft brush) until it foams , scrape off all the foam you reasonable can remove and then place a WHITE absorbant cotton towel on it with something that is heavy on it so that it keeps in firm contact with the carpet. Do this for about 48 hours, and the stain should wick into the towel.

Try white vinegar for the carpets. My mom said when I was a baby the only thing she could do about the walls was paint

I work at an assisted living unit.. (special needs blg) so I am confronted with this daily and I can tell you this works.. (works best with a carpet shampooer to extract tho) pour on hydrogen peroxide cover the whole soiled area, then spray on spray bathroom cleaner.. shaking the can alot so its sure to get a good
foamy result... let it sit a few minutes.. have the shampooer ready with carpet cleaning shampoo then.. begin soaking the soiled area with it.. then suck it up immedialy.. run it back and forth from every direction till its close to dry.... I do this often... I love to shampoo and im usualy the one they get to do it... what would they do without a housekeeping dept. Try it.

I just had this happen and I cleaned it up with simple green and let set for a couple mins then used carpet shampooer to suck up the stain. I'm sure you can also scrub it if you don't have access to a shampooer.

We first cleaned up the poop, the solid parts. Actually first we hosed the baby! Then, we sprayed down the areas with oxy clean, spray n wash and a little water (with a drop of bleach) this really did the trick. Good luck