WildlifePhotos

Wildlife: Blue Heron (FL)

contest winner icon

When the every day situational stress builds up one of my favorite stress reducers is to go observe wildlife. It always amazes me to see how such beauty exists all around when we take time to look.

This Great Blue Heron was at a water treatment area reserved for wildlife outside the city of Melbourne, Florida. Very often there are pockets of areas where wildlife can be viewed, even in or near cities.

By Grayce

Anonymous

What a lovely photo and it actually captures the shade of blue of this beautiful Heron!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Beautiful, more like a painting than a photograph.
Marg from England.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Wow! I had to do a double take. I actually thought that this was a painting. What a wonderful picture. You really need to enter this one in a big photography contest.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

What a stunning shot or our area's wildlife. I live in Indialantic, and you are right, there is beauty like this all around us!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Great shot!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Thank you all for your lovely comments. I'm so glad you like this picture. I try to get out often to shoot wildlife pictures.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

I have not seen a live blue heron but I think they are beautiful. Your photo is the best one I have seen. I have seen a lot since I think the blue herons are
gorgeous birds. Great shot, you have the eye for this! Thank you for sharing.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Be ready and armed with your camera. Spend time in the outdoors with your family. I stumbled across this scene of a great blue heron eating a fish on the local river.

We were surprised to see him swallow that big fish whole! Nature is full of surprises and is well worth taking a stroll to make new discoveries.

By Grayce from Fort Pierce, FL

Wildlife: Blue Heron

Wildlife: Blue Heron
Blue Heron and Fish

By Grayce from Fort Pierce, FL

Blue Heron and Fish
Blue Heron and Fish

By Grayce from Fort Pierce, FL

Answers:

Wildlife: Blue Heron and Fish

Very nice photo. (07/01/2008)

By mulberry204

Wildlife: Blue Heron and Fish

WOW! That was one great photo. The subject and the colors. Thank you for sharing. (07/03/2008)

By meoowmom

Wildlife: Blue Heron and Fish

Striking photo. Where I live, in western NY, we have had a rash of blue herons raiding peoples' koi ponds. Our local TVstation did an on air segment about "Blue Thieves". There is a breeding colony of about 100 pairs on an island in the river nearby, so we see these birds a lot.
(07/04/2008)

By jean

Wildlife: Blue Heron and Fish

What a cool photo! Thanks for sharing it. (07/06/2008)

By javajano

Wildlife: Blue Heron and Fish

What a grand picture. I love to see wildlife pictures. They are really a teaching experience when you have pictures like this. Kids can see just how the birds catch what they eat. Thanks for sharing this photo (07/14/2008)

By Mollie