Plant HealthGardening

Removing Pumpkin Mildew

There is white powdery stuff on my pumpkins. I'm assuming it's powdery mildew. The leaves are already turning brown, and I'm worried that I will loose my pumpkins before Halloween. Does powdery mildew affect the pumpkins themselves, and if so how can I save them from going bad? Please help! Thanks.

thriftymomof2

hi thriftymomof2,
have you had a lot of rain where you live? that could be the problem. i live in tn. and we have recently had a lot of rain. bad for pumpkins this time of year and mine are rottening on the vine. i think i may have a few that are going to be o.k. i hope you have luck with yours. p.s. i dont know if there is a way to remove the mildew except to wipe it off.

By Neill (Guest Post)

Hi guys, I've just read that a spray with 10 % milk to water does the trick. I'm going to try it myself

Neill