Drying Tub Mat Between Uses

Any ideas on a simple way to hang my tub mat so it can dry and stay clean?

By lrrn567 from Bristol, CT

When I had a tub I would pick the mat up and shake it out really good into the tub, and then lay it over the edge of the tub. Now I have a walk in shower that the bottom is so texturized nothing sticks to the bottom of it.

Install another shower curtain rod somewhere maybe in the middle of your shower (width-wise) and then use a skirt hanger to hang it centered over the tub. I actually use a second shower rod that I thrifted as another towel rod, but I think it would work for your purpose.

Perhaps a towel rail mounted high on the wall that you could drape the mat over between uses?

Anonymous

Just hang it over the tub edge, shower curtain rod or top of the shower door if you have glass doors.

Hi - shake mat and then I use a wide skirt hanger or a dress hanger that has clips for hanging a skirt; clip on end of bath mat and hang over the shower extension. If your bath extension does not work (curved or) then hang over rod or door frame.

Everyone needs to dry their bath mat to prevent mildew.

I live in Colorado where the air is pretty dry most of the time. I used to just shake out the mat and hang it on the shower wall since the suction cups hold it up there.

I'm with cybergrannie - only I think a skirt hanger is too flimsy for most tub mats, so I would get one of those real heavy-duty wooden hangers with heavy duty clothes pins. You can either clip it up or just hang over the hanger rod. When it is dry, spray with Lysol or some bacteria-deterrant. Bath mats are one way to get a fungus.