Making a Patchwork Circle Mat
Mat sewn from denim jean scraps and colorful scraps of cotton.
- 12 circles of denim, 8 inches in diameter
- 12 circles of printed strong cotton, 8 inches in diameter
- cardboard template cut 6 inches square
- sewing machine
- sharp scissors
- Center the cardboard template on a print circle and mark the point where each of the four corners touches the outside edge of the circle.
- Use these marks as a guide, and stitch the print circle to a denim circle diagonally, wrong sides together.
- Repeat for each of the twelve circles.
- Fold the edges of the circles over between the diagonal stitching and press to make flaps.
- Sew the flaps to each other to assemble the mat. (See diagram)
- Stitch the flaps flat to each circle, excluding the very outside edges.
- Sew a double line of stitching around the outside edges of the mat.
- Snip the edges about every 1/4 inch up to the stitching lines.
- Washing and drying the mat will then rag the edges.
By Preserver from Manitoba
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.