Making Denim Scrubbers
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
August 4, 2016
When you shorten jeans or have a pair you no longer want, you can cut them up and make little scrubbers for cleaning. They're perfect for cleaning bathtubs or sinks because they have just the right amount of abrasiveness but won't leave a scratch. If you're using brand new jeans you're shortening, be sure wash off the dye. The 100% cotton jeans clean better than partially spandex versions. Here's how to turn your jeans into little pockets that go perfectly over your hands for cleaning.
Total Time: 10 minutes
- denim jeans leg scraps, about the size of your hand
- sewing machine or large needle and thread
- Cut the legs off your jeans. For this project, I used old ones and cut them as long as my hands. If you're just trimming, you can make mini scrubbers with whatever scraps you've got.
- Turn it inside out and sew up one of the openings so it's sealed on three sides and open on one so your hand can go in.
- Flip it back right side out.
- Put your hand inside, and you're ready to clean.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.