InspirationalPhotos

Tribute to the Military

While our son was serving in the Air Force during Desert Storm in Iraq, I made several tributes to him and his fellow servicemen.

First and foremost was a 16x24 foot flag flowerbed of red white and purple petunias. It was on the corner of our land and lit with a dusk to dawn light. Every night after dark, many cars came by, slowed down or stopped, took pictures and or honked. We became known as the people with the flower flag. I don't remember how many plants it took now but I do thank my sister and brother-in-law for having a greenhouse and the discount they gave me as their part in our tribute.

A way to show my patronage in the house was with my stitching. I took burlap feed sacks and did patriotic stitching on washed pieces of it. To give the semi-circle one its shape, I cut a piece of cardboard the size I needed and taped my design around to the back.

Other ideas I made were flags from the burlap hung on dowel but you could use a small branch just as well. You can buy burlap for stitching that is a lot better quality.

Whatever you choose to do, please know our service people need our support in any way we can show it in these troubled times.

By latrtatr from Loup City, NE

Tribute to the Military