Making Tie-Dye Note Cards
Creating a tie dye look when making greeting cards is easy to do. This is a page about making tie-dye note cards
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
These cards are easy to make and lovely to give. It's a fun project I think you will enjoy doing. Crafts are a great way to unwind.
Crafting Time: 30 - 45 minutes plus drying time for water
What You Need:
- leaves with interesting shapes
- coffee filters
- fine tip permanent black marker
- food coloring
- spray bottle filled with water
- blank note cards, purchased with envelopes or cut from card stock
- rubber cement
- colorful markers
- Collect leaves with interesting shapes. Use a fine tip permanent black marker to trace the leaves on coffee filters.
- Lay the coffee filters on several sheets of newspaper. Drip food colors, combining either red and yellow, blue and yellow, or red and blue, onto the leaf drawings. Spray the coffee filters with water to spread and combine the colors. Move the coffee filters to fresh newspaper and allow them to dry.
- Cut out the leaf shapes. Use rubber cement to glue the leaves to the front of blank note cards. Outline the cards in corresponding colors of marker. You can write a line on the front of each card in a corresponding marker color, or just write a note inside.
By Marie from West Dundee, IL
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.