Weight LossHealth & Beauty

Hoodia Diet Supplement

I was wanting to know if anyone has ever tried the new diet supplement called Hoodia? If so please let me know about it, as I was interested in it myself.

Have a good day.
Teresa from VA

Save your money! I found that it worked for maybe a week or so, but then I had to increase the dose to get the same effect. I have since started a walking program and find that exercising helps to keep my appetite in control. I have also lost 8 lbs.
Louise

I found that it is expensive and upsets my stomach.

Please, please don't take anything with hoodia, ephedra, anything like htat. Go to the health store and get some soy protein mix powder that you can mix with milk and take that. It works. I've lost 41 lbs. in 2 months and kept it off.

Look on your computer for things too, it really works. That's how I find out about things.

Hi,
I am not an expert on this topic, but I was curious when it seemed all new diet product seemed to contain hoodia. From minimal research, I was able to deduce that most, if not all, of the products that claim to have hoodia have very little of the active plant ingredient. While the actual plant (grown in the Kalahari desert) has no side effects, i would assume these pills would. I would be very weary of these diet pills claiming to have hoodia. Those that do have any hoodia, would likely contain only trace amounts.

I had considered taking hoodia pills myself, but decided against it. Mainly for two logical reasons:
1. If hoodia really is a magic cure for obesity, why wouldn't major drug companies, such as Pfizer and Glaxo, be putting any money into its development/reserach?

2. Hoodia is basically a cactus. Cacti take a long time to grow. How could so much hoodia be on the market in such a short time?

Also, the following link to CBS news might be helpful:

http://www.cbsn  main656458.shtml

Hope that helps.

If you want to lessen your appetite between meals, take L-Glutamine pills. Should keep you from feeling hungry 4 or more hours. Works for me in about 20 mins.
If you are snacking mindlessly, you will need to be aware of what's happening and just restrict eating when hungry.
Available at health food stores and grocery stores with large vitamin displays.
L-Glutamine is an amino acid.