Feeding a Dog Chicken and Rice

There are a couple of reasons you may feed your dog rice and chicken, one is when they have an upset stomach. However, in lieu of pet food you may want to supplement this diet with a few other foods. This is a guide about feeding a dog chicken and rice.

My dog won't eat dog food. I cook her chicken and liver and rice is this OK?

By Sue

Answers

Best Answer

Yes it is perfectly okay. I had a dalmation that used to get bladder stones. It was from the dry dog food. His vet put him on a chicken liver and rice diet. He never had another stone. Perfectly healthy and cheap.

Best Answer

My dog also does not eat dog food. I boil chicken and hamburger for her. She likes green beans, sweet potato and carrots. She does well with this diet. I also give her a vitamin every day.

That is ok for your dog.maybe look into adding a little more to these meals. Would you consider a raw diet?

Did he have to have the stones removed? My pug has a large bladder stone with several smaller ones.

He's on antibiotics to clear up a uti infection, then surgery Monday to remove them. Their telling me if it lodged in his urethra he will die.