Avocado Seed Has Roots But No Stem

I am growing an avocado tree from seed. I did as directed and now have a great root system, but nothing coming from the top of the seed yet. Is this normal? Do I just need patience or should there already have been greens sprouting?

By JayJay from Hopewell Junction, NY

This is not an answer, but I have the same question. There is no other button for me to press in this area. But, I have the same issue with roots growing but no stems. Is this a problem? Or should there just be patience? Or is there a way to fix this if it is a problem?

Patience is key some of mine took months and months for anything to happen on top. Something that has worked for me is making a mini greenhouse around the seed with either a plastic bottle or cup upside down created the perfect environment for sprout growth!

Same problem here. Enough roots, but stem doesn't come up. Just to add a detail. The stem side of my avocado has a large number of tiny leaves sprouting, making it look like a tiny artichoke. Another avocado pit that grew normally seems to have the same number of leaves but along a well grown stem.