Cleaning Urine Stains and Odors From Leather Furniture

Category Leather
Pets and small children can occasionally have an accident on your leather furniture. This is a guide about cleaning urine stains and odors from leather furniture.

I have a very bad urinary incontinence problem, and have noticed a urine odor on my couch and on my car seat, (both leather) what can I use to get it out?

By Becky from Boise, ID

Answers

Best Answer

There is a product called Urine Gone, for pets, but it should work for any kind of urine.

What can I use to remove the urine from the top of my lavendar leather ottoman that won't cause discoloration of the affected area?

By tootiez from Webster, TX

Answers

Best Answer

Try using plain old club soda. I have used it on alot of things and it has never discolored any of them. Just use it straight from the bottle. Hope this helps.

My cat soiled my leather pocket book. How do I clean it?

By Mandalla from VA

Answers

Best Answer

If you feel the purse is ruined, try washing it in the washer on the gentle cycle in warm water and Woolite or other gentle detergent. Stuff the wet purse with plastic bags, and let air dry away from heat. You can then recondition the leathwer and/or polish it. I did this with a pair of leather shoes, figuring I had nothing to lose, and it worked for me.

How can I get dog urine smell out of a leather loveseat. It is saturated into the filling under the leather.

By monaosb from Montgomery, AL

Answers

To clean your area: Blot up mess with paper towel & clean with water that has a tiny bit of vinegar in it. Next, Saturate the area with a product called "Out!" ($4.79 at Walmart) or another "Enzyme" pet cleaning product. (Pour it down into the whole area including the padding!)  Then leave the Enzyme pet cleaner on overnight then blot it up. Next you can pour Hydrogen Peroxide on the area. Peroxide cleans with oxygen. And, lastly you can use a half white vinegar & half water solution. If you use one or all of the above, your cat-pee smell will go away. My favorite number one thing to clean up any pet mess (hairballs, blood, pee & poop) is Out!, I like the light Vanilla scent it leaves behind, not like the other brands that have a strong floral scent. I sprayed a bit of the Out! on a nasty hairball mess, then left it to sit for about 45 min, then came back to finish cleaning it up & the mess was totally gone! What a surprise that was! The enzymes actually "eat" the pet's mess right up. If the mess is on the carpeting, be sure to spray enough so it soaks way down in the carpet's padding or down into upholstery stuffing!

For complete and detailed directions on how to remove all traces of pet odors and urine read my post here::
http://www.thri … 6405218.tip.html

Read this:
Here's a note someone sent to my private mail box last month here on ThriftyFun:

I joined thriftyfun just so that I could tell you how much I truly appreciate your cleaning solutions and instructions. I've had a problem with ferret urine around a window for years. I've cleaned it over and over using bleach even. Only to still have the room smell like urine when the sun shone on it. I also feared the sun had "baked" the urine into the carpet and floor beyond recovery. I followed your wonderful instructions beginning with water and white vinegar to using Out and covering with plastic 2x. I am so very relieved. I cannot tell you how grateful I am. After years of suffering the smell. It now smells fresh and clean even tho the sun has shone on it and heated up the room. You are a lifesaver. I can keep the carpet and the floorboards. I can not stress how relieved and grateful I am!

My daughter has just peed on my leather corner sofa. The cushions don't come off and it has soaked through to the bottom. I just poured white vinegar over the sofa and have let it soak through. Will that be enough or do I need to do more? I can't afford a new one so I need to stop it from smelling. Please help.

By Joanne

Answers

Someone's cat peed on a leather saddle. Febreeze removed the odor. Spray some on a rag and wipe the area as best you can, then wipe with a barely damp cloth to remove the Febreeze.

How do I remove urine stains and odor from leather furniture?

By tearsb. from CA

How do I get the smell off the leather couch without hurting the material?

By Mary E.

I have a leather love seat that my cat peed on and I can't get the smell out. The cushions are not removeable and the urine got down in the seams. Any solutions to getting rid of the smell?

By Tiffany from Caro, MI

Will Urine Gone remove urine stains from leather car seats that were stained 2 weeks ago?

By Ron

Some consumers have had success removing pet urine stains on leather furniture with shoe polish or hair gel. Depending on the value of your couch you may want to consult a professional, at least for advice. This is a guide about how to clean a dog urine stain on a leather couch.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

Removing the stain and odor of cat urine from your leather furniture needs to be done with care, to protect the dye and finish. This is a guide about how to clean cat urine on leather furniture.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

There was an incident at my house over the holiday does anyone have any idea how to get the smell of human urine out of a nice leather couch?

Kenya from Chicago, IL

A friend passed out on my leather couch after a long night drinking and urinated on it! How do I clean it? What can I do?

Amanda from Atlanta, GA

Answers:

Urine Gone

Buy Urine Gone, it is worth the money. Go to www.UrineGone.com. They send you the liquid and a black light to locate the stain. It works great! Removes the smell and the stain. It works on pet and human urine.

By Cat