Bring a Small Pillow On An Airplane

Now days, so many airlines are taking the pillows they use to hand out to people on their flights, off the planes, to cut expenses. We, all, use carry-on bags anyhow, to carry valuables, etc. in. Why not make yourself a small, lightweight pillow to pack in your carry-on and have to use for yourself? I'd make it a pretty or vibrant color so someone else might think it belonged to the airline. Some flights are just too long to not have a pillow for!

By Terri H.

By sandy (Guest Post)

i wouldnt want anyone to think it belonged to the airline, hence that is why it should be a pretty color.

Another thought, why not stuff the pillow with something you would be wearing if needed, say maybe, a nylon jacket? It would save space in your luggage, and you would be sure to not lose it when you remember what is in it. By the same token, make it something you could replace if you did lose it. Socks, extra underwear, etc could be used to stuff the pillow.

Two pairs of thin socks are ideal filler. Sew or glue TWO dividing lines so that you have 3 equal compartments. Put the socks in the outer compartments and nothing or just some Kleenex in the center compartment. That arrangement keeps your head from rolling sideways if you snooze, and you won't wake up with a sore neck.

For me the ideal material is the leather and quilted liner from an OLD, well worn and velvet-soft motorcycle jacket. If it has weathered a thousand storms, it can take a washing to get sweat and shampoo/conditioner residues off it.
You won't ever leave your head pillow behind, because you will get very attached to it. It's amazing how refreshing a snooze on an airplane can be if you don't get your neck kinked up.
DearWebby
webby.com/humor

When we were on long flights to Russia and back, we took these blow up neck pillows. I think we got them at Wal-Mart or at a luggage store at the outlet mall. They fold up very compactly so take up very little room.

You have to just blow into them to fill with air. They just go around your neck, almost like a choker necklace. I think these are made out of vinyl and can be wiped off and weren't at all expensive.

By (Guest Post)

AND remember that emergency lay-overs are happening more and more, so it would be a great help to have something for your head if you had to lean back/over a chair or against the wall/on the floor. If I still traveled, I'd make the covering out of a good RAG, so I could toss it when I got home and not recycle into my washer the "mutating germs" claimed to be breeding on airplanes by the tons now. God bless you . : )

Travel and Recreation TravelApril 2, 2005
🐰
🌻
🐛
👒
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf708462.tip.html