BirthdayParties

Sesame Street Party for 1 Year Old

I was having a party for my son who is turning one. Does anyone have any cheap ideas for decorations or party bags?

Thank you!

Carla

We used our kids toys (or borrow some), in your case Sesame St. toys, set them all around on the tables, etc. Also, if you have a coloring book or book w/ Sesame St. characters, just make some copies & color them in, or if you can color-copy from a picture book (enlarged) do that. Hang them or make a "banner" type decoration w/ them...endless possibilities. Another way to cut costs is to buy just Sesame St. paper napkins OR plates & everything else in solid co-ordinating colors. Wonderful look but still within the theme. Have FUN!

Carla,

Are you into coloring? You might go to a search engine and enter "Sesame Stree Coloring Pages". You will be able to get pictures to print out, and you could then color with crayons or markers and use these for decorations. Also, you might purchase some Sesame Street stickers at a craft store (or Walmart) and put the stickers on plain brown lunch bags. I guarantee the 1-year-olds will be more impressed with the boxes toys come in and tissue paper that they can play with than how great the decorations look, so don't stress over it too much (mother of three, ages 7, 6, and 4).

Trudy Powell
Independent Watkins Associate
www.mo3bk.com

Go do the nearest Dollar store and you'll be amazed at what they have. Just walk around and you'll get ideas.

Hi, I having a Double Party; for my soon to be 2 yr. old son who LOVESSSSSS Seasme Street and my 1 yr. old daughter who also likes the show, but could care less, as long as she had something to get into. Anyway, I bought my Seasme Street Plates, cups, napkins, at Dollar Tree; My banner and table cloth at Target (on sale) I used colorful party invitations. I also bought S.S. Valentine cards (after V-day) I cut them up to make To & Fro/ Thank-you tags for my loot bags. I'm using the stickers to play a guessing game, and I'm using S.S. toys as decorations!

My son is going to be turning one in July but I don't what to get him. Im a 15 and I have no ideas how to plan his 1 birthday party.PLease help me!

What about games for 1 year olds, I just dont know what to do with the kids at the party???

Go to a dollar store ( I don't know if you have one where you are from) or somewhere that you can purchase .99 cents containers. Specifacily purchase cookie jar like containers. Put sesame street stickers on them and personalize a mailing label With a Thank you note or something like Example: "Today sesame street was brougth to you by the letter A and by the number 1" (Child's first letter of his name and the age he will be turning). I then went to Costco's Wholesale and purchased the huge container of ABC graham cookies and filled the jar. And that could be either a goody bag or a favor. I used it for thank you's for the parents being that there the ones actually purchasing the gifts for the birthday child, i also did give goody bags to the kids though.

Pin the cookie on the monster, for cookie monster of course, might be a fun game...I'm going to try to find a picture of him and take it to kinkos and get it blown up to a bigger size, cut out the cookie get it duplicated a few times and each kid gets a turn to pin or tape their cookie closest to his hand! We'll see how it goes...

I am turning 13 and i am going to have a Sesame street party! I love Sesame street! LOL Anyway I need help with what party games to play! Please help me! thanx!

I'm also having a sesame street themed party for my daughter who turns one in June. So far when it comes to games, I'm going to do mostly music related activites. For example: "If you're happy and you know it clap your hands.." and "Itsy bitsy spider" etc. You can also play something like ring around the rosy. I figure I would keep it simple because 1 year olds are really not as complicated as we think.

Then for the older children I want to do things like duck duck goose, and hot potatoe except with an elmo instead. Guess will call it hot elmo. Simon says is another good one.

By the time all the kids do that stuff and eat, and do some coloring, it's time to go home! Lol.

We are setting a blanket on the grass and adding some toys, books,and bubbles for parents to play with their children. Also, for the older kids, pass the Elmo, guess the # of candies or cookies in the jar, unscramble the sesame street words. Daval