- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. soy sauce
- dash hot pepper sauce
- 1 tsp. vegetable oil
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 piece gingerroot, peeled and finely chopped or 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 2 Tbsp. sesame seeds
- 1 can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 package fresh spinach leaves
For dressing, whisk all dressing ingredients in small bowl; set aside. For salad: Heat oil in wok or deep-sided 12 inch skillet over medium heat. Add chicken, carrots, garlic, gingerroot and sesame seeds; stir to coat with oil. Stir-fry 4-5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in the center. On serving platter, arrange pineapple and green onions on top of spinach leaves. Top with chicken mixture; drizzle with dressing. Toss gently. 6 servings.
By Robin from Washington, IA
Healthy and tasty stir-fry.
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 3 Tbsp. hoisin sauce
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs or breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 3 cups snow pea pods
- 1 small onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 Tbsp. sesame seed, toasted
Mix broth, cornstarch, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, lemon juice and sesame oil in small bowl and set aside. Heat wok or skillet over medium-high heat. Coat with 1 tbls vegetable oil. Add chicken and garlic; stir-fry about 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center. Remove chicken from skillet.
Coat wok or skillet with 2 tsp vegetable oil. Add pea pods and onion and stir-fry 7 to 9 minutes or until crisp but tender. Stir in broth mixture. Cook and stir about 1 minute or until thickened. Stir in chicken and stir constantly until hot.
Serve over rice. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
By Deeli from Richland, WA