Spicy Mushroom and Rice Stir Fry
A quick and easy stir fry is a great meal to make for lunch or dinner. This page contains spicy mushroom and rice stir fry
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This stir fry is a quick dish for a light summer lunch. It is vegetarian friendly, but can easily be adjusted to accommodate meat lovers. Best of all, it is a great way to use leftover rice, which makes it easy on the budget. It can be served with your choice of bread, such as whole wheat, rye or gluten-free.
Total Time: 25 minutes, preparation time included
Yield: 3-4 portions when served with bread
- 250g white button mushrooms, washed and chopped
- 250ml cooked white rice
- 125ml canned diced tomato-and-onion mix
- 125ml grated cheddar cheese
- 60ml chopped spring onions
- 80ml cooking oil
- 2.5ml Knorr Aromat seasoning
- 2.5ml dried sweet basil
- garlic powder and ground black pepper to taste
- Put the mushrooms in a heavy-based frying pan.
- Add the spring onions, oil, Aromat, basil, garlic and black pepper.
- Fry over medium-high heat until the mushrooms are soft and golden brown.
- Add the rice and fry the mixture for another 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat, stir in the tomato-and-onion mix and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the cheese and remove from stove once the cheese has melted.
- Serve warm with your choice of bread.