DecorationGardening

Use Old Bowling Ball for a Garden Globe

Recycle those old bowling balls. Spray them with primer and then spray paint them any color you choose. Use them as garden globes. The size is a little off but they are not so breakable as the glass globes. Your will just have to buy a stand. This was my idea after breaking so many of those garden globes.

By Linda O from Highland Lakes, NJ

my sister did this with my moms bowling ball....it was marblized blues... no need to paint it. Looked great and got alot of compliments.

The meaning behind garden globes: They are traditionally mirrored because it is thought to keep away negative energy.

I had the same thought but instead of painting the ball I was going to glue those stones to it like you use in the bottom of a beta fish vase. I thought that would be pretty and reflect the sun.

I have one of these that broken mirrors have been glued to the ball....really pretty. The sun reflects and makes it sparkle.

I have done this for years. I add a spray of high gloss poly to give it the shine and it also makes the paint stay better.

Still have one that was done 12 years ago that looks fine.

Do you have to put anything on the back of mirror pieces you use to make the bowling ball globe? I understand to glue it on. I was told the mirror back needed treated before gluing to the bowling ball or it could discolor. Thanks