Removing Odors From Shoes

If you have someone who has sweaty feet all the time, here is a solution to get rid of the smell in their shoes. Throw shoes in the washer. Once dry, double bag them and put in the freezer overnight. This will kill the bacteria that causes the odour. Once thawed and dry, spray with vinegar, rubbing alcohol or Pinesol. Cover entire inside of shoe. Once dry, dust with powder. Works well.

By coville123 from Brockville, Ontario

Top Comment

So many steps? I only need two things to get rid of foot smell:
1. I wash my feet daily - do it thoroughly (drying primarily).
2. I wear cedarsoles inside all of my shoes. Cedarsoles are chemical-free insoles made from natural cedarwood. The cedarwood has antibacterial features and eliminate any bad bacteria on my feet skin. So the smell has no more basis.