Saving Money on Snacks

Snacks are a great item to have around to tide you over between meals, especially for children. This is a page about saving money on snacks.

Pierce the middle of the packet of crisps and tear a nice large round hole, making your crisp/chip bag into a ready-made bowl. For salty snacks, buffets and barbecues, leave out your bags like this and you save using crockery that needs washing up. Simply throw away when empty!

We often have left-over potato chips and hate to throw them out, but they eventually get stale and end up in the garbage. That was, until my friend told me about putting them into your freezer. Yep, just clip the bag shut, and throw it in there.

I was dubious but when I tried it, lo and behold, they were fresh as new. No need to "defrost", just eat 'em up. Even if left out all evening, they do not wilt, go soggy, nothing! Try it, you'll be amazed.

By syntoniser from Canada

Share your tips for saving money on snacks below.Here are some ideas on how to save money on snack food from the ThriftyFun community. Share your own snack tips.

granola bar

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

I follow brands that I like, for instance, Sprinkles Cupcakes on social media (Instagram/Facebook) and occasionally, they will post promotions like:

A large and small cupcake as part of a promotion.

Fruit in season makes a great snack. If you cut oranges into "smiles" and place three in a (used, clean) snack bag it is a great treat for a 4 year old.

Parents, are you tired of those smashed up snacks in your diaper bag or kid's backpack? I have found that if I store my daughter's Nutrigrain bars in an old hard-sided glasses case inside my diaper bag, they don't get all crumbly anymore.

I always carry snacks and bottled water - for the just in case!

Consumer Advice Shopping Food & KitchenFebruary 15, 2012
😷
🌻
🐛
📓
😎
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf71636479.tip.html