Saving Money on Diet Snacks

Eating diet snacks can help with your weight loss. However, snacks marketed for dieting can be quite expensive. This is a guide about saving money on diet snacks.

Dieting can be expensive if you have to buy special foods or a wide variety of different foods. Eating one serving of a low calorie or low sugar cereal twice a day will not only take the weight off, but will allow you to save lots of money on the grocery bill.

By Sabrita from Carriere, MS

The best diet snack is protein. It will satisfy your hunger for a lot longer than carbs. A little peanut butter spread in a stalk of celery is great. A hard boiled egg is another great choice. If you don't like it plain, make a little egg salad out of one. Beef jerky with a little carrot or celery on the side is a satisfying snack.

Watch your calories, and have a protein snack about every 2 1/2 hours to keep from getting too hungry. Try a cup of sugar free hot chocolate and a small amount of cheese for protein.

Source: This concept is in many books and all over the Internet.

By hopeful from Salem, OR

Instead of buying the expensive pre-packaged diet snacks, I buy a large bag of good diet snacks and I measure the serving myself ahead of time and I put them in ziplock baggies. That way, I can just get them out and eat them or take them with me. Buying them by the big bag is much cheaper.