Saving Money on Diet Snacks

Instead of buying the expensive pre-packaged diet snacks, I buy a large bag of good diet snacks and I measure the serving myself ahead of time and I put them in ziplock baggies. That way, I can just get them out and eat them or take them with me. Buying them by the big bag is much cheaper.

By glinda (Guest Post)

What kind of things to you buy to put in the baggies? For kids and adults alike? Healthy wise, and also diet wise?

I buy: grapes (also good to freeze!) blueberries, pretzels, carrot sticks (w/wet paper towel), cheerios (more for kids),frosted shredded wheat (for me), snack crackers (gold-fish, generic form), and gallon size bags: POPCORN!

I buy whole-grain cereal, snacks, and pop my own corn or try Jolly Time's America's Best organic popcorn. It is super light on butter but it has NO artificial additives or preservatives, less salt.

I also wash out old yogurt containers with lids (6 oz size) for putting snacks in the diaper bag. No more broken crackers!