Transitioning to a Healthier Diet

Changing our diet to a more healthy one can be difficult. It often means not only giving up many snacks for healthy alternatives, but also shifting to better carbohydrates and whole grains, not to mention more vegetables. A slow introduction of the new foods may make the process easier and more successful. This is a page about transitioning to a healthier diet.

I am trying to very slowly change my family's eating habits. I used to work full time and my family developed some bad eating patterns in order to get the food on the table quickly. I stopped working over a year ago, and I have made some nice, healthy changes to our diet just because of my being around to make dinner from scratch rather than using processed foods.

I think it's time for a second phase of change now, and the one thing I am trying currently to do is to slowly change the pasta I make from white flour to wheat flour. I'm at about half white/half whole wheat at this point. I am also replacing some of the white flour in the bread I make with whole wheat flour. Potatoes, rice, and pasta are inexpensive but not good for us, so I'm trying to reduce their portions in our diet and trying to replace some ingredients to make them healthier.

I'm trying to change my family from white rice to brown rice, but they're still balking at that a little bit. I'm trying the half and half approach now, which seems to be causing less problems with the transition. I know these moves are good ones to be making, and now I'm looking for other suggestions in easing my family toward healthier eating. I welcome people's sharing of their own family's transitions from eating processed foods to working their way back to healthier cooking. Thank you so much.

By Tina Siegl

Food and Recipes Food Tips Healthy EatingMarch 23, 2018
😎
🐛
😷
🌻
📓
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Transitioning-to-a-Healthier-Diet-1.html