Use Weed Cloth Under Rocks

I have lots of rocks around all my flower beds in my yard. Some are really large, and weeds always found a space to come up in between them. It was difficult to move them each time this happened.

So three years ago, my husband and I moved each rock back, sprayed for weeds and pulled large ones. Then we placed two layers of weed cloth under and up the back sides of the rocks. This also kept soil from washing in between rocks, as it lined the beds, but is not visible.

We have not had to deal with weeds yet, and it has been wonderful to see only the pretty rocks and flowers.

Source: Our own desperation to not have to fight weeds.

By Betty from Warrensburg, MO

Home and Garden Gardening WeedsNovember 20, 2011
💘
🍀