Princess Xena the Cat

Princess Xena, Warrior Woman is our cat. I call her that because at 5 weeks of age, she negotiated a 6 lane highway at rush hour. What a brave warrior she was. She is 6 years old now and is a tabby housecat.

I found her on a Monday moring during rush hour traffic as she crossed a 6 lane highway! She was completely alone and terrified. She ran under a large mowing machine on the campus of the college where I worked. As soon as I got to my desk I called Maintenance and asked them to find her. They called back in a very short time to tell me she was fine and in a box in their office. I went right away to see her and I must say that the first time I picked her up she belonged to me! I fell in love at that moment and that love continues today. Her love has gotten me through dark days and worrysome nights.

She loves to race from one end of the house to the other. She also loves to watch the feral cats and some raccoon babies that come to feed in our back yard. We live basically in the woods so we also get opposums and skunks too. We can't stand to thing an animal is hungry so we put food out every day and enjoy sitting at the kitchen table looking out our double window at each group of animals that comes to visit.

By FirstLady from Knoxville, TN

Princess Xena, Warrior Woman (Cat)

Definitely a cat with PURRSONALITY!

She's so pretty! What a great story and I am so glad that you saved her and have given her a good home. Rescue babies are the best!

By Julia in UK (Guest Post)

What a gorgeous cat and what a lovely story. (It has made me cry).

By Tone (Guest Post)

Beautiful kitty and beautiful story. God Bless! I am the same way with animals. Nothing should ever go hungry or go unloved. ALl the best to you both xo

By KLS8800 (Guest Post)

Aww, what a dear cat. I am so glad that she has you for her pet. (yeah, don't we all know dogs have owners, cats have staff..)

It is always good to hear that these fine animals have those who love them so. Bravo to you.

By Gepe (Guest Post)

What a cute cat and a very touching story!!!! I wanted to cry, my gosh!!! poor, poor kitty.What a terrible thing for her, but she won the jackpot by you adopting her.You are a neat person!!! and love animals like I do!!!! Best Wishes to you all :)

Princess Xena was one brave little kitten. I am so
glad you rescued her. I was touched by your story
and happy that things have worked out so well.
These pets do so much for our souls and hearts.
That picture is one cute happy cat. Kitty kisses to her.

=^..^=

She is precious, what a lucky kitty to have even survived the horrific beginning, and to end up with such a loving home.

Congratulations to the both of you. I love happy endings!! Oh, she is a beauty, her coat is so lush!

Jennifer
Northern Virginia

Photos Pets CatsAugust 15, 2006
🎉
🎄
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf72390697.tip.html