The Cat Who, by Lilian Jackson Braun

I am interested in starting to read "The Cat Who" books, by Lilian Jackson Braun, but I am not sure if I need to read them in a certain order or not? Could someone please let me know, who has read them. If there is an order to read them, please post the order!

Thanks!
Josie

I've read most of the series, and I think it's best to read from the beginning. I started near the beginning and had to backtrack to the first few books which explained a lot of what I wondered about. They are delightful stories and events in the small northern (Michigan) town that build from the previous book. I used to live in the area which she describes in the books, and it is very much as she describes.

The first few books in order: The Cat Who Could Read Backwards, The Cat Who Ate Danish Modern, The Cat Who Turned On and Off, The Cat Who Saw Red, The Cat Who Played Brahms.

You might check out this website, http://www.geoc … 6371/lillian.htm for a complete listing of the books in order and other information too. It's an unofficial fan website.

Enjoy the books!

I have the whole series. and I do think that it's best (but not essential) to read at least the first 4-5 of them in order. After that, though, I don't think it really matters.. Enjoy them!

I have read all of them! The best way is to read them in order, if possible, as there are references to previous situations in each succeeding one, although this is not required. If you get a recent one, look in the front and see the titles listed. That will tell you the order. As sometimes publishers list from earliest down while others list latest down, get one from list and check out publishing date. Have fun 'cause these are easy reading--and you'll love Ko-Ko and Yum-Yum.

you will love them they are so charming and easy to read