Freeze Recipe Ingredients Together

My best tip for me is to have all the ingredients for a dish all in a bag. I freeze onion, green peppers, celery and okra in a bag along with chicken cubes. Toss in a pot with chicken broth, garlic. canned tomatoes and you have soup, serve with rice that has been frozen.

In another bag, I have chili beans, chicken stock and chili spices. Add frozen onions and green peppers and you have chili. Find a dish that you like, keep all the ingredients marked for just that along with the directions. Freeze taco meat for salad or tacos.

By linda from Port Orchard, WA

I love this idea & it makes great sense! But I've read that onions don't freeze well & that you need to blanch most veggies. Does this really work well? I'd love to just chop stuff up & throw it in the freezer!

My daughter is a chef and said to saute lightly, but sometimes I am in a hurry so I just chop and freeze. Yes you are supposed to blanch things first I just get a little lazy. I also have on hand a bag of frozen sweet peppers for chili or gumbo.

Food and Recipes Freezing Freezer MealsMarch 2, 2010
📓
🎂
🌻