DIY Message Pillow for Father's Day
May 24, 2011
Tell Dad your feelings on this pillow where it will be displayed for all to see.
Approximate Time: 2 hours
- fabric pen
- 15 1/2" x 30 1/2" canvas or coarse weave fabric
- sewing machine
- yarn for tassels, optional
- 16 inch pillow form
- Cut your fabric to the size of your pillow form. (Mine was 16 inches.)
You want your fabric smaller than the pillow so it is snug when you get it on the form.
- Fold your fabric in half so you have a square.
- Draw lines evenly spaced on one half of your fabric 1 inch apart; closer if you want to write smaller for a longer message.
- When you write your message on, if you run out of words you can always draw a picture or sew on a picture of something that reminds you of your dad.
- Write your message and heat set with your iron.
- Fold right sides together and stitch across two sides and part way down the third side. Leave enough room to roll the pillow form and push it in.
- Sew the opening shut and make and attach the tassels to the top two corners.
You could just sew a large button to all four corners if you wanted to.
By Ann Winberg from Loup City, NE
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.